August 1: Blessing of the School Supplies
- Blessing of the School Supplies: Thank you to everyone that contributed to the school supply drive. You can see the results at the Altar this Sunday. All backpacks will be organized and delivered to the schools next week in preparation for the start of school on the 18th.
August 1: Children’s Chapel returns at 10:30am service
August 15: Blessing of the Backpacks
- Blessing of the Backpacks: Kids, teachers, administrators, and all those involved in the field of education are invited to bring backpacks, briefcases and school bags at the 9:15am and 10:30am services on August 15th. We will gather at the front of the church after announcements, and Fr. Mark will bless us for the coming school year.
August 15: Youth-Swim with the Smith’s 4-6pm
August 28: Blood Drive 9am-1:30pm
August 29: Acolyte Training and Party 11:30am
- Acolyte Training and Party: Young people are a very important part of leading worship at St. Paul’s. Children entering 4th grade and older are invited to serve as acolytes at the 8am or 10:30am service. Older youth (10th grade and older) are invited to participate in worship as Eucharistic Ministers, also called chalice bearers. New acolytes can sign up in the narthex to participate in New Acolyte Training on Sunday, August 29th. After the 10:30 service, we will have a short training session followed by a fun afternoon at Main Event. Youth interested in serving as Eucharistic Ministers (chalice bearers) can contact Ms. Julia to learn more and to schedule a brief training session.
September 12: Family Service moves to 9am
September 12: Round Up Sunday 9:30am
- Round Up Sunday: It’s time to get excited about the fall at St. Paul’s! On Sunday, September 12th we will gather for Sunday School Round Up. The whole parish is invited to gather in the Parish Hall from 9:30-10:15am. We will share a light breakfast, play a get to know you game, then kids and youth will head to classrooms. While young ones hear a short lesson and complete an activity with their teachers, adults are invited to remain in the Parish Hall for coffee and conversation with Fr. Mark brainstorming topics for the upcoming Adult Christian Ed class. Wear your western gear – jeans, boots, hats, or bandanas – and join us for a great kick off to the program year!
September 19: Formation begins at 9:30am
September 19: Youth-TBD
September 25: Fall Grounds Day 9-11am
- Fall Grounds Day: The property committee invites you to join them this Saturday, September 28th to help clean up the grounds of the parish in preparation for the Fall Festival. Work will start at 9am and hope to wrap up before 11am and will entail trimming trees, weeding and general cleanup. There will be a variety of work for all skill levels and ages. Please feel free to come and go as you are available. Bring clippers, rakes, gloves, wheelbarrow and gardening know how! Youth: if you need service hours for school, this is a great opportunity to earn time! Email Julia with any questions.
September 26: St. Paul’s Birthday Celebration 11:30am
- St. Paul’s 63rd Birthday: Join us in the Narthex after the 10:30 service for cupcakes and coffee in celebration of the 63rd birthday of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church-Katy, TX.
October 4: St. Paul’s Fall Festival 9am-3pm
- St. Paul’s Fall Festival: After having to cancel the festival in 2020 due to COVID, we are excited to announce we will be having the Fall Festival this year. It will be Saturday, October 2nd from 9am – 3pm. There will be the craft vendors, children’s area, train, and food trucks. More info to come as details are finalized!
October 10: Blessing of the Animals 4pm
- Blessing of the Animals: On Sunday, October 10th, we will gather as a congregation with the friendly beasts in our lives, to ask God’s blessing on these important animal family members. We will gather in the lawn (Parish Hall if inclement weather). The service will be brief, and we will conclude the blessing with celebration of the Holy Eucharist. Please bring your pets on a leash or in a carrier/cage for the safety of all in attendance.
October 17: Youth-TBD
October 31: St. Paul’s Trunk or Treat 11:30am
- St. Paul’s Trunk or Treat: Kids of St. Paul’s: You are invited to a HALLOWEEN PARTY! On Sunday, October 31st, during formation we’ll hear a great Halloween story from the Bible – Ezekiel and the Valley of the Dry Bones, along with crafts, games, and snacks. Wear your Halloween costume or outfit, and join us for a spooky good time! Following the 10:30am service, we’ll have a Trunk or Treat in the parking lot of St. Paul’s.
November 14: Youth: Thanksgiving Family Potluck TBD
November 21: Last Family Service for the year 9am
November 21: Last Formation for the year 9:30am
November 28: Advent Wreath Making 9:30am
December 5: St. Nick Sunday 9:30am
December 12: Pageant practice 9:30am
December 12: Youth: Movie at Alamo Drafthouse TBD
December 12: Christmas dinner and pageant 5pm
December 19: Blue Christmas Service 5pm
December 24: Christmas Eve Service, Rite II 5pm
December 24: Christmas Eve Service, Rite I 8pm