Education & Formation
“Yet, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Isaiah 64:8
Christian Formation is a lifelong journey. At St. Paul’s we seek to provide opportunities for parishioners of all ages to grow in the knowledge and love of the Lord. These opportunities exist within our parish, our diocese, and our community. Please click on the links below to find out.
Formation Returns: We are so excited to be back in action this fall at St. Paul’s Family Formation! Sunday school will take place from 9:30 – 10:15am each Sunday morning, between the 9:00 Family Service and the 10:30 Rite II worship.
- Nursery care for ages infant – 3 and 4 years old St. Paul’s nursery is available every Sunday morning from 7:45 – the end of 10:30am worship service. We seek to nurture and care for our youngest St. Paul’s friends in a safe, comfortable environment while parents participate in formation hour and worship. Parents/guardians, please bring any supplies your child needs, including snacks/water if your child has food allergies. A registration form is available at drop off so that we can properly care for your little one.
- Godly Play – PreK – 3rd grade (Classrooms 1 and 2) Godly Play is a curriculum that explores the mystery of God’s presence in our lives. This way of exploring the stories of our faith is a creative, imaginative approach to Christian formation and spiritual guidance.
- Upper Elementary Sunday School – 4th-5th Grade (Classroom 4) Kids in 4th and 5th grade meet for a fun, interactive morning of hands-on activities as we explore the stories of the Bible! Gather with friends as we dive more deeply into scripture with age appropriate questions, discussion, activities and snacks.
- Youth Sunday School – 6th – 12th grade (youth room) The Episcopal church defines youth as entering 6th – 8th grade (junior high) and 9th-12th (high school). All youth will gather on Sunday mornings to hang out and catch up, then break out by age groups for Bible study. Gather with friends in a space that is specially designed for teens (youth room), and enjoy our Sunday morning fellowship!
- Adult Sunday School – (Conference Room/Parish Hall) St. Paul’s offers an opportunity to dig deeper into various topics of our faith and tradition. At times, the Adult Sunday School will offer a multi-week course and other times offer one-off opportunities to discuss various relevant topics. The class is setup in such a way as to engage the parish in as broad a way as possible and accommodate everyone’s busy schedules. Some classes to expect in the coming year: Paul and Empire, by Marcus Borg and John Domonic Crossan. A video series on the political world that confronted and challenged the early church. The bible in the Book of Common Prayer, a look at how scripture is the basis for our prayer book.