New date TBD: Acolyte Training and Party 11:30am
- Acolyte Training and Party: Young people are a very important part of leading worship at St. Paul’s. Children entering 4th grade and older are invited to serve as acolytes at the 8am or 10:30am service. Older youth (10th grade and older) are invited to participate in worship as Eucharistic Ministers, also called chalice bearers. New acolytes can sign up in the narthex to participate in New Acolyte Training on TBD. After the 10:30 service, we will have a short training session followed by a fun afternoon at Main Event. Youth interested in serving as Eucharistic Ministers (chalice bearers) can contact Ms. Julia to learn more and to schedule a brief training session.
September 12: Round Up Sunday 9:30am
- Round Up Sunday: It’s time to get excited about the fall at St. Paul’s! On Sunday, September 12th we will gather for Sunday School Round Up. The whole parish is invited to gather in the Parish Hall from 9:30-10:15am. We will share a light breakfast, play a get to know you game, then kids and youth will head to classrooms. While young ones hear a short lesson and complete an activity with their teachers, adults are invited to remain in the Parish Hall for coffee and conversation with Fr. Mark brainstorming topics for the upcoming Adult Christian Ed class. Wear your western gear – jeans, boots, hats, or bandanas – and join us for a great kick off to the program year!
September 19: Family Service moves to 9am
September 19: We are so excited to be back in action this fall at St. Paul’s Family Formation! Sunday school will take place from 9:30 – 10:15am each Sunday morning, between the 9:00 Family Service and the 10:30 Rite II worship. So that we can plan for all age groups, please fill out the Family Registration form and keep reading for more information about programs for all ages, infant through adult and join us beginning Sunday, September 19th: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ps26cJMv5rNKpQ-VYGk7QRpqCQJ1faTcGDbUTfzga0U/viewform
- Nursery care for ages infant – 3 and 4 years old St. Paul’s nursery is available every Sunday morning from 7:45 – the end of 10:30am worship service. We seek to nurture and care for our youngest St. Paul’s friends in a safe, comfortable environment while parents participate in formation hour and worship. Parents/guardians, please bring any supplies your child needs, including snacks/water if your child has food allergies. A registration form is available at drop off so that we can properly care for your little one.
- Godly Play – PreK – 3rd grade (Classrooms 1 and 2) Godly Play is a curriculum that explores the mystery of God’s presence in our lives. This way of exploring the stories of our faith is a creative, imaginative approach to Christian formation and spiritual guidance.
- Upper Elementary Sunday School – 4th-5th Grade (Classroom 4) Kids in 4th and 5th grade meet for a fun, interactive morning of hands-on activities as we explore the stories of the Bible! Gather with friends as we dive more deeply into scripture with age appropriate questions, discussion, activities and snacks.
- Youth Sunday School – 6th – 12th grade (youth room) The Episcopal church defines youth as entering 6th – 8th grade (junior high) and 9th-12th (high school). All youth will gather on Sunday mornings to hang out and catch up, then break out by age groups for Bible study. Gather with friends in a space that is specially designed for teens (youth room), and enjoy our Sunday morning fellowship!
- Adult Sunday School – (Conference Room/Parish Hall) St. Paul’s offers an opportunity to dig deeper into various topics of our faith and tradition. At times, the Adult Sunday School will offer a multi-week course and other times offer one-off opportunities to discuss various relevant topics. The class is setup in such a way as to engage the parish in as broad a way as possible and accommodate everyone’s busy schedules. Some classes to expect in the coming year: Paul and Empire, by Marcus Borg and John Domonic Crossan. A video series on the political world that confronted and challenged the early church. The bible in the Book of Common Prayer, a look at how scripture is the basis for our prayer book.
September 19: YOUTH 3pm
- The St. Paul’s Youth Group invites all 6th-12th grade youth to join us for an afternoon of fun at Altitude Trampoline Park (24952 Katy Ranch Rd, Katy, TX 77494). We will meet at 3pm at Altitude, and this event is FREE! Email Julia no later than Wednesday, Sept. 15th to reserve your ticket.
September 25: Fall Grounds Day 9-11am
- Fall Grounds Day: The property committee invites you to join them this Saturday, September 28th to help clean up the grounds of the parish in preparation for the Fall Festival. Work will start at 9am and hope to wrap up before 11am and will entail trimming trees, weeding and general cleanup. There will be a variety of work for all skill levels and ages. Please feel free to come and go as you are available. Bring clippers, rakes, gloves, wheelbarrow and gardening know how! Youth: if you need service hours for school, this is a great opportunity to earn time! Email Julia with any questions.
September 26: St. Paul’s Birthday Celebration 11:30am
- St. Paul’s 63rd Birthday: Join us in the Narthex after the 10:30 service for cupcakes and coffee in celebration of the 63rd birthday of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church-Katy, TX.
October 4: St. Paul’s Fall Festival 9am-3pm
- St. Paul’s Fall Festival: After having to cancel the festival in 2020 due to COVID, we are excited to announce we will be having the Fall Festival this year. It will be Saturday, October 2nd from 9am – 3pm. There will be the craft vendors, children’s area, train, and food trucks. More info to come as details are finalized!
October 10: Blessing of the Animals 4pm
- Blessing of the Animals: On Sunday, October 10th, we will gather as a congregation with the friendly beasts in our lives, to ask God’s blessing on these important animal family members. We will gather in the lawn (Parish Hall if inclement weather). The service will be brief, and we will conclude the blessing with celebration of the Holy Eucharist. Please bring your pets on a leash or in a carrier/cage for the safety of all in attendance.
October 17: Youth-TBD
October 31: St. Paul’s Trunk or Treat 11:30am
- St. Paul’s Trunk or Treat: Kids of St. Paul’s: You are invited to a HALLOWEEN PARTY! On Sunday, October 31st, during formation we’ll hear a great Halloween story from the Bible – Ezekiel and the Valley of the Dry Bones, along with crafts, games, and snacks. Wear your Halloween costume or outfit, and join us for a spooky good time! Following the 10:30am service, we’ll have a Trunk or Treat in the parking lot of St. Paul’s.
November 14: Youth: Thanksgiving Family Potluck TBD
November 21: Last Family Service for the year 9am
November 21: Last Formation for the year 9:30am
November 28: Advent Wreath Making 9:30am
December 5: St. Nick Sunday 9:30am
December 12: Pageant practice 9:30am
December 12: Youth: Movie at Alamo Drafthouse TBD
December 12: Christmas dinner and pageant 5pm
December 19: Blue Christmas Service 5pm
December 24: Christmas Eve Service, Rite II 5pm
December 24: Christmas Eve Service, Rite I 8pm