St. Paul’s History
June- Fr. Julian Jones of St. John’s, Sealy assigned “work” in Katy.
September- First services held on September 14th with 24 in attendance (7 initial families). The dress shop on 2nd St. was rented.
November- Services moved from the dress shop to the vacant lumber yard.
December- Church purchased the Humble Oil mess hall for $1000.
January- Current property purchased by the diocese.
February- 1st confirmation by Bishop John Hines.
1st baptism of St. Paul’s.
Parish builds a two room Sunday School building.
James Avery Jewelry shop was added to raise money to hire full-time vicar.
The Rev. David B. Poteet came to St. Paul’s as the first full-time vicar.
A larger church building was needed. The parish built a new church building and moved in for worship.
With continued growth, St. Paul’s broke ground on the current sanctuary.
St. Paul’s moves from “Mission” status to “Parish” status at Diocesan Council.
Work begins on the Parish Hall building. Parishioners will build everything themselves over the next four-years.
St. Paul’s renovated the current facilities and also restored building after substancial damage from Hurricane Harvey.
Vicars and Rectors
The Rev. Julian Jones: 1958-1961
The Rev. Fred Burford: 1961-1961
The Rev. James T. Moore: 1961-1963
The Rev. Alfred W. Rollins: 1963-1966
The Rev. James T. Moore: 1966-1972
The Rev. James Ramsey: 1972-1975
The Rev. Robert Moore: 1975-1978
The Rev. David B. Poteet: 1978-1983
The Rev. Anthony J. Tripi: 1983-1988
The Rev. Ellis Brust: 1989-1992
The Rev. Richard Zalesak: 1994:-1998
The Rev. Lanny Geib: 1999-2004
The Rev. Mifflin Dove, Jr.: 2006-2011
The Rev.Christopher R. Duncan: 2012-Present